We just learned about this great opportunity. The turnaround is fast. You have to be near Coborn's - but great opportunity for the right school!
Great News, the grant deadline was extended to October 28th .
Midwest Dairy Council and Coborn’s are excited to offer afunding opportunity to your schools. Please pass on to your individual schoolmanagers or other staff that may be interested in pursuing like the FACS teacher. Link to application: http://school.fueluptoplay60.com/coborns
Midwest Dairy Council is pleased to offer the Fuel Up To Play 60 Healthy Schools Grant funded by Coborn's, Inc. In developing the grant program, Coborn’s worked closely with Midwest Dairy Council and the Minnesota Vikings to provide your school’s with an opportunity to obtain up to $1,000 in funding, to be used towards healthy eating and physical activities in support of Fuel Up to Play 60.
Your schools are within the trade area of a Coborn's store and could qualify for one of the 30 grants available.
In addition to the opportunity to use grant funds to create a healthier school, grant recipients will be able to develop a closer relationship with their local Coborn's store by participating in a store visit. We look forward to sharing the world of grocery retailing with you and your students.
To be considered for the Fuel Up to Play 60 Healthy Schools Grant schools must:
1. Be located in a zip code in close proximity to a Coborn’s store. View eligible zip codes.
2. Be enrolled in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program. (Note: Program enrollment is free of charge; schools can enroll online at www.FuelUpToPlay60.com).
3. Participate in the National School Lunch Program
4. Have support/backing from the school principal, district school nutrition director, and school nutrition manager.
5. Provide an opportunity for students to learn about healthy eating from a local Coborn’s Supermarket registered dietitian, health/wellness professional or store director, and to participate in a field trip to a Coborn’s store.
6. Complete and submit an accurate online grant application byOctober 28th
We are excited to offer this great funding opportunity to your schools! Please pass on to your individual school managers or other staff that may be interested in pursuing like the FACS teacher! Link to application: http://school.fueluptoplay60.com/coborns