National Nutrition Month® is celebrated each year during the month of March. This annual nutrition education campaign was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign’s focal point is on the importance of developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Learning ZoneXpress loves celebrating National Nutrition Month® and we spend months planning and creating resources for nutrition professionals like you. It’s not too early to begin your planning. Do you have everything you need to celebrate?
Learning ZoneXpress offers a fantastic variety of posters and banners to decorate your cafeteria or work space. We also carry a diverse amount of incentives to give out for your nutrition games and taste test events.
Here are some fun ideas to help you celebrate:
- Create a “nutrition question of the day” contest and give prizes for the correct answers. Suggested prizes: Stickers, bookmarks and magnets.
- Take a field trip to a farmers market or a local farm.
- Organize a “healthy recipe” contest among employees and award cookbooks as prizes.
- Decorate the cafeteria with posters or banners.
- Host a taste test event and give stickers for trying new foods.
- Plan a cooking demo or nutrition event.
- Organize a health fair that promotes healthy eating resources.
Give us a call if you would like any ideas of resources that would go along with your Nutrition Month celebrations.