The Thanksgiving holiday is a great time for celebrating and enjoying your favorite foods, but it is often the hardest time of the year to eat right.
By choosing reasonable portion sizes and healthier dishes, your Thanksgiving dinner can still be healthy and delicious!
To get started on the right foot, gobble up this FREE Downloadable recipe idea: Thanksgiving Veggie "Turkey" and Hummus
This fun Thanksgiving-inspired “turkey” is a great, healthy snack to munch on while you prepare your holiday feast.
Here are 6 easy tips to keep your Thanksgiving meal healthier:
- Eat a hearty breakfast before your holiday meal. If you show up starving you are more likely to overeat.
- Eat plenty of vegetables. Go the MyPlate way and fill 2/3rds of your plate with a rainbow of vegetables.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate…Drink lots of water before and during your meal. This will help you feel fuller and keep you from overeating.
- Limit sweets. Don’t deprive yourself from your favorite desserts, just enjoy smaller portions and eat slowly while savoring the flavor.
- Leave the table when finished with your meal. Lingering at the table may tempt you to snack on leftovers.
- Get up and move! Grab the family and go for a walk around the block. Enjoy the fresh air and being outside.
On behalf of everyone here at Learning ZoneXpress, we wish you a healthy and happy Thanksgiving holiday!