You don't have to travel any further than your local grocery store and your kitchen to discover the benefits of eating the Mediterranean way.
The Mediterranean Method incorporates the food traditions of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. Embracing these basic ideas of choosing healthy foods and physical activity are a prescription for a longer, healthier life.
Health Benefits of The Mediterranean Method:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Promotes heart health
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Improves rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, type II diabetes, and various types of cancer
Tips to Eat for Good Health:
- Base your meals around plant foods
- Replace butter with healthy fats
- Choose low-fat dairy
- Enjoy meals with others
- Add flavor with herbs and spices instead of salt
- Enjoy fish and seafood often
- Choose meats and sweets less often
- Drink water and red wine in moderation
- Be physically active
For more information to share with your clients on the Mediterranean Method, check out our: The Mediterranean Method Handouts.