National Nutrition Month® is here and it's a fantastic time to eat your colors every day. Eating a rainbow of colorful fruits and vegetables gives your body a health boost. Each color helps your body in different ways, so eat a variety of colors every day, beginning this month and all year long!
Why Eat A Different Color Every Day:
- Red fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that help keep your heart healthy and lower your risk of certain types of cancer.
- Yellow and Orange fruits and vegetables contain beta-carotene, which helps support a healthy immune system, good vision, clear skin, and bone health.
- Green fruits and vegetables are packed with powerful antioxidants and nutrients. Lutein helps keep our vision clear and our skin healthy.
- Blue and Purple fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants that help improve memory while keeping our hearts healthy and lowering the risk of certain types of cancer.
- White fruits and vegetables contain pigments which may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Easy Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Veggies:
- Buy time-saving produce like pre-washed salad greens .
- Add sliced cucumbers, tomato slices, and avocado to sandwiches.
- Choose main dishes that feature vegetables like stir-fry or fajitas.
- Top cereal, yogurt, or oatmeal with berries or bananas.
- Enjoy a bowl of veggie soup.
- Stock up on dried fruit or canned fruits in juice.
For more tips to eat more fruits and vegetables to share with your clients, check out our: Catch a Rainbow Handouts.
Don’t forget to take advantage of our FREE roll of 200 Eat a Rainbow Stickers when you use coupon code MNM19.
These colorful nutrition stickers make the perfect giveaway, incentive, or prize for health fairs, clinics, or schools to help celebrate National Nutrition Month in March, encourage healthy eating habits or simply reward a job well done.
*Expires 3/31/19. Not valid with any other offers. May not be applied to previous orders. Limit one free roll (#906533) per order.