National Nutrition Month is in full swing and this year’s theme “Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle” is focused on the importance of making informed food choices and developing healthy eating and physical activity habits. Here are some simple tips from ChooseMyPlate.gov that will get you on your way towards a healthier lifestyle:
• Find out how many calories YOU need for a day. Go to www.ChooseMyPlate.gov to find your calorie level.
• Enjoy your food, but eat less.
• Avoid oversized portions.
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
• Make half your grains whole grains.
• Cut back on foods high in solid fats, added sugars, and salt.
• Choose lower sodium versions of foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals.
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
• Be physically active your way with activities you enjoy.
For more tips check out Learning ZoneXpress’ array of MyPlate nutrition resources to help guide you as you “Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle”.