Join us and schools, farms, communities and organizations as we celebrate school gardens with lunch tray’s filled with local, healthy foods! Take time this October to celebrate and support farm to school programs in your community.
Whether you are a food service professional, a farmer, a teacher or a food-loving family, there are plenty of ways to celebrate National Farm to School Month! Learn more about National Farm to School Month, farm to school projects in your community, and how you can get involved by visiting the National Farm to School Network’s website, farmtoschool.org.
Ideas for Celebrating Farm to School Month:
- Promote Farm to School Month on school menus and in the cafeteria.
- Offer a taste test of local foods or feature these items on your school menu. Our I Tried It Stickers are the perfect reward for tasting and trying a new food.
- Plan nutrition education activities. Check out some of our FREE resources for some fun activities during your farm to school celebrations.
- Organize farm tours or trips to your school garden.
- Connect school gardens and garden-based learning activities to your curriculum. Our Gardening: Grow for It! Handouts will help kids learn garden basics and benefits of growing their own food.
We also offer a plethora of posters, stickers, activity books, bookmarks, and more that will help promote your farm to school program! Click here to see all Farm to School resources available.