On September 26-27, Mystic Lake Casino Hotel will hold the First Annual Conference on Native American Nutrition.
The First Annual Conference on Native American Nutrition presents a first-of-its-kind opportunity to share and advance knowledge related to the dietary health of Native communities.
The conference will feature more than 30 experts in Indigenous food, nutrition and health, including:
- Treena Delormier (Mohawk), University of Hawaii
- Faith Spotted Eagle (Yankton Sioux), Braveheart Society
- Abigail Echo Hawk (Kitkehahki Band of Pawnee Nation/Upper Athabascan People of Mentasta -Village), Washington State University
- Gary Ferguson (Unangan/Aleut), Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Joel Gittelsohn, Johns Hopkins University
- J. Neil Henderson (Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma), University of Oklahoma
- Janie Hipp (Chickasaw Nation), Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative, University of Arkansas
- Harriet Kuhnlein, Centre for Indigenous Peoples’ Nutrition and Environment, McGill University
- Valerie Segrest, Traditional Foods and Medicines Program, Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Learning ZoneXpress is thrilled to be in attendance and will be exhibiting as well. For more information or to register, visit http://seedsofnativehealth.org/conference/