Elevate and enhance your school's cafeteria with the Foodservice Cafeteria Starter Kit. This complete kit includes a selection of bestselling nutrition education resources for the school cafeteria that help promote good nutrition to students while helping support your local school wellness policy, market your program, and decorate the cafeteria space.
The dry erase menu board and coordinating vinyl banner are helpful tools to improve the flow of students through serving lines by informing students of the menu choices as they stand in line. The posters help promote making healthy food choices and static clings help highlight foods on your menu. Plush Garden Heroes® characters can be used to decorate your serving line or used as a teaching tool to make fruits and vegetables more approachable and fun for students. A selection of giveaway incentives can be used to support taste tests and nutrition education initiatives. A 5 Minute Activities for Foodservice is a helpful resource to use for staff trainings.
Examples and ideas of how to use the products included in this kit.
Dry Erase Menu Board and Vinyl Banner
• Hook the dry erase board by the grommets to the banner display stand.
• The dry erase menu board can also be displayed by hanging on a wall.
• Don't display or hang too low so students can bump or erase!
• Look for visible areas and consider how students will move through the space (direction people will be facing, walking or moving).
• Hang your materials to provide a distraction for students waiting in line.
• How high? The rule of thumb is to hang just above eye level. Don’t hang them too high, which can look out of place.
• Look for balance equally space items or center over a focal point.
• Do not overdo your decorations – a cluttered look can be worse than a bare one.
Use the static clings to highlight the foods on your serving line by adhering them to the sneeze guards on the serving line. Static clings adhere to a smooth, clean surface at room temperature (cold surfaces can reduce the "cling" of the vinyl).
Garden Heroes® Plush Characters
Place the Garden Heroes on top of your serving lines as a decorative element that will encourage students to eat more fruits and vegetables.
Stickers and Bookmarks
Reward brave students for tasting a new fruit, vegetable, or other menu item with a sticker and encourage more taste adventures with the Fruit and Veggie Challenge bookmark.
5 Minute Foodservice Activities
Use these activities to encourage continuing education for your foodservice employees.