LANA is a research-based curriculum that encourages children to taste, eat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables. This 24 week program (20 minute daily sessions) integrates well into your current curriculum.
• Increases opportunities for children to taste and eat fruits and vegetables
• Provides hands-on experiences with fruits and vegetables
• Creates a supportive environment to eat fruits and vegetables
• Presents role models who eat fruits and vegetables
• Connects classroom activities with home environments
• Is research based and proven to increase the number of fruits and vegetables kids eat
• 1 – Curriculum in 3-ring binder and carrying case (200+ pages)
• 1 – LANA Training CD
• 2 rolls – I Tried It Stickers (200 stickers/roll)
• 25 – LANA Storybooks (5 copies of each title)
– Book 1: Lana and Wille Eat Lunch
– Book 2: Lana Plays a Trick on Tenzin
– Book 3: In and Out with Lana and Carlos
– Book 4: Lana and Alisha Plant a Picnic
– Book 5: Lana's Learners
• 25 – Parent’s Talk About Feeding Kids Handouts (5 copies of each issue)
– Parents Talk About Feeding Kids, Issue 1
– Parents Talk About Feeding Kids, Issue 2
– Parents Talk About Feeding Kids, Issue 3
– Parents Talk About Feeding Kids, Issue 4
– Parents Talk About Feeding Kids, Issue 5
• 5 – LANA’s Recipe Book (64 pages)
• 1 – Lana the Iguana plush puppet (32" x 6" x 12")
The development and evaluation of the research-based LANA Program was funded by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (R01 CA59805), to MDH.
The LANA Curriculum is aligned with both NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and Head Start Early Learning Framework.
Accreditation documents: NAEYC Accreditation and Head Start Accreditation
Learn more at LANAnutrition.com
"Children who participated in the LANA Preschool Program ate significantly more vegetables at lunch and more total fruits and vegetables throughout the day, according to the LANA study."
©2005, 2010 Minnesota Department of Health