Classroom activities to teach the MyPlate "10 Tips" series to elementary students. Each activity includes a discussion of each tip and an opportunity to apply the tips to students' lives. Topics include:
• Balance Calories
• Enjoy your food, but eat less
• Avoid oversized portions
• Foods to eat more often
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk
• Make half your grains whole grains
• Foods to eat less often
• Compare sodium in foods
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks
MyPlate is the USDA food symbol that replaced the food guide pyramid.
67 pages, 8 ½” x11”, 3-ring binder
View the MyPlate 10 Tips Lessons for Elementary Table of Contents.