As generations grow older, their nutrition needs change. The MyPlate for Older Adults Tri-Fold Brochure features a unique icon that provides food, fluid, and physical activity guidance that corresponds with USDA's 2010 Dietary Guidelines for aging populations. This educational brochure helps promote good nutrition and health through simplified information and practical advice that helps older adults understand the importance of balanced eating, staying hydrated, and including daily physical activity. MyPlate is the new USDA food symbol replacing the food guide pyramid.
The adapted MyPlate symbol in the pamphlet features:
• Different forms of vegetables and fruits that are convenient, affordable, and readily available
• Good sources of fluid for hydration
• Lean sources of protein including those from plant-based sources and dairy
• Herbs and spices to give foods flavor instead of using salt
• Visuals of elderly adults engaging in physical activity
A Healthy Habit™ For Older Adults is a series of tri-fold brochures specifically for aging populations that are easy-to-read nutrition education resources for doctor's offices, healthcare clinics, Meals on Wheels, or senior centers.
50 copies, 8 1/2" x 11", tri-fold