The Nourish Teacher Resource Binder and DVDs bring together a wealth of materials for teaching and learning about food, nutrition, health, and sustainability. This farm to table lesson plan helps teach sustainability by providing a big-picture view of the many ways that food connects our environment, our health, and our communities and offers specific steps that individuals and groups can take to create a sustainable food future.
The 134-page binder contains:
• The Nourish Curriculum Guide with six learning activities, Action Projects, and correlations to national content standards
• A Nourish Reader with Q&A articles from food movement leaders such as Michael Pollan, Anna Lappé, Raj Patel, Oran Hesterman, and others.
• A richly detailed Nourish Food System Map and Study Guide
• 2 DVDS – Nourish: Food + Community and Nourish Short Films
About the DVDs:
Nourish: Food + Community DVD #360107
• Hosted and narrated by Cameron Diaz. Features Michael Pollan, Anna Lappé, Bryant Terry, Dr. Nadine Burke, Jamie Oliver, and Alice Waters.
• Contains the award-winning half-hour PBS television special and 11 short films.
• Running time: 26 minutes (short films 24 minutes)
• Includes closed captioning and Spanish subtitles
Nourish Short Films DVD #360106
• Short films explores such themes as Farm to Fork, Cooking and Eating, Food and Health, and Edible Education
• Contains 54 short films
• Unique DVD menu allows for infinite viewing experiences, including play all, shuffle, and curated selections by theme or voice
• Total running time: 83 minutes