Empty calories from sugar and fat found in many favorite beverages are adding inches to Americans' waistlines and may be contributing to rising rates of chronic disease. View five informative video segments offering suggestions for healthy beverage selections featuring Susan Moores, RD.
• How to pick "good" drinks for kids
• Best beverages if you're watching your weight
• How to pick healthful beverages
• How to pick the right drink for sports and athletic performance
• Busting caffeine myths
Run time: 26 minutes
Audience: Grade 9 - Adult
"Beverages are the single largest source of calories in the American diet, accounting for as much as 20 percent of the total. Obesity in a Bottle II delivers highly practical information in a friendly fashion, accompanied by clear visuals. Straightforward and informative, this is recommended."
– Video Librarian, July/August 2011
"A no-nonsense informative documentary intended for grades 9 and up, concerning the proliferation of high-sugar, low-nutrition beverages that contribute to America's ongoing problems with obesity and other health concerns."
– The Midwest Book Review, April 2011