Prevention is the key to stopping abuse, sexual violence or abduction. This program uses realistic scenarios and interviews with experts to:
• Provide realistic strategies for a teen home alone
• Demonstrate safety strategies for a teen walking or driving alone
• Tips to keep yourself safe while on the Internet
• Demonstrate strategies for a teen in charge of young children
• Personal safety statistics to which teens will pay attention
Run time: 20 minutes
Audience: Grades 6 - Adult
Teaching Materials Included
“The latest installment in the solid Teen Safety Series, When You Are Alone employs the same straightforward approach…Recommended.”
--Video Librarian, November/December 2008
Ranked #1. As part of the Mid-Hudson Library Systems Health Information Project, a group of 31 New York State teens reviewed 63 videos from 29 producers. The young critics ranked all 3 Teen Safety DVDs in the Top 10!
– November 2008
"Presents vital safety information in a direct and informal manner that is sure to appeal to teen viewers...This effective and timely safety instructional is recommended for school and public library collections."
--Booklist, October 2008
"Teen Safety: When You are Alone deserves the absolute highest recommendation for its practical treatment of basic facts every teen (and adult) must know."
--Midwest Book Review, August 2008